Friday, February 19, 2016

Where Have I Been?

I had started off on another blog years ago to tell stories of my trips. It was stopped though due to work. Now 4 years later, I revived that blog (My Bedtime Stories) as advised by a friend. I decided I would recap the places I have been to, then share the top 5 places I fell in love with. But since that blog is a mix of all sorts of stories, I decided to separate travel stories into this blog.

So here is a recap of places I've been to in the past til before my Tanay trip. A list to remind me how blessed I was to see those places and how blessed I am to be able to see more. This is also to remind me that patience can get me to places I didn't know I could go to. All in the right time, and right planning.

GUMACA, QUEZON
Family lives in Gumaca, but I haven't seen most of the falls or beaches around the area and other parts of Quezon. That is part of the list for this year. I have been to a few of the beaches there and the historical places though. Have also done a 30 minute hike to Malabtog Falls in Labnig with family.




LUCBAN AND TAYABAS, QUEZON
Visited Kamay ni Hesus and went up it's 292 steps to see a 50-foot statue of Christ (you can read my story here). On another trip, we visited Lucban during the town-wide bazaar and took a side-trip to Kamayan sa Palaisdaan, a well known restaurant in Tayabas, Quezon.




AGDANGAN, QUEZON
We took a trip to Agdangan for a friend's birthday. We saw the Luminous Cross of Grace Sanctuary and stayed in a beach house of the ex-Mayor of the town. This is still, by far, my Top 1 on my I-will-return-to list.



SORSOGON, ALBAY AND CAMSUR BICOL
Our family is also from Bicol, hence the occasional trips to Magallanes and Sorsogon. Sadly, I can't find any of my pictures of gorgeous Sorsogon. The next time I go there, I will make sure I take lots of pictures! Have also been to Mt. Mayon and CWC in Camsur via a motorcycle road trip.



PUERTO GALERA, ORIENTAL MINDORO
Teammates and I went to Puerto Galera and it was my first trip with a boat ride. Loads of fun! Especially for someone without much exposure back then. Puerto Galera was definitely a trip to remember.


ANILAO, NASUGBU AND LAIYA, BATANGAS
Anilao was were I learned to dive and OMG I still want to pursue that dream of being a Dive Master. I owe this amazing experience to a friend. It's beautiful under the sea! Nasugbu was with friends and Laiya was a company summer outing (read about Palm Beach here).



MORONG, BATAAN
This was another summer company outing. Beautiful beach!


TERNATE, CAVITE
We went to Caylabne, which was on a company summer outing we weren't supposed to be in. And ang bilis ng karma. The trip was such a disappointment. Boracay de Cavite (Katungkulan Beach Resort) on the other hand, was quite a pleasant surprise.



CAVINTI, LAGUNA
The famous Pagsanjan Falls did not disappoint. This I truly enjoyed! From hike to swim, it was a fulfilling trip.


SAGADA, MOUNTAIN PROVINCE
Again with teammates, we survived the coldness of Sagada, the most tiring trek to and from an ice-cold waterfall, an amazing and slippery cave, and viewing the hanging coffins from a distance. Beautiful place!




And last on the list...
ILOCOS NORTE AND ILOCOS SUR
There were so many places to see! This deserves it's own page. This was also my first solo trip, but via a Travel and Tours package.  And since a typhoon got in the way, I will go back to see Pagudpud and the caves. I also missed some activities in Vigan that I would like to go back to.






So, there it is. This week, I'll share my Top 5 Places-I-Fell-In-Love-with in a series of blogs, one blog one location. Til then!

Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment